Kalkul is looking for a Senior E-commerce Java Developer that has strengths in: problem solving, thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple responsibilities, is innovative in creating and developing software solutions, and enjoys developing technology that has an immediate and measurable impact on the business.
This role is based in Halifax, NS and you must have work authorization in Canada to be considered. While the role will be remote, the need to collaborate with peers in Halifax is required.
Will be responsible for providing technical resolution to business problems, complete detailed systems requirements gathering and making enhancements to existing platforms. Candidate must create , through a test-driven methodology, efficient and structured code, while working with the testing leads to support the testing phases of a project. Candidate will need to work with different teams, and triage technical issues.
- Codes and enhances existing eCommerce Java/J2EE/Spring website.
- Will be trained in one or more eCommerce platforms
- Assists in large scale / complex projects to come up with high level designs and estimate
- 5 years software development experience
- 3 years development in a Java/J2EE/Spring
- Basic hands-on experience of front end frameworks (e.g jQuery, AngularJS), HTML5, CSS3
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related required
- Java Certification preferred
- Expert in Java, J2EE, and Spring
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Linux or AIX
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3